ASTM A335 P11 SEAMLESS ALLOY STEEL PIPE FOR BOILER PLANT OR POWER PLANT
ASTM A335 P11 Chemical Compositions(%)
Mechanical properties for ASTM A335 P11
|Tensile strength, min, (MPa)||415 Mpa|
|Yield strength, min, (MPa)||205 Mpa|
|Elongation, min, (%), L/T||30/20|
Material & Manufacture
Pipe may be either hot finished or cold drawn with the finishing heat treatment noted below.
- A / N+T
- N+T / Q+T
Mechanical Tests Specified
- Transverse or Longitudinal Tension Test and Flattening Test, Hardness Test, or Bend Test
- For material heat treated in a batch-type furnace, tests shall be made on 5% of the pipe from each treated lot. For small lots, at least one pipe shall be tested.
- For material heat treated by the continuous process, tests shall be made on a sufficient number of pipe to constitute 5% of the lot, but in no case less than 2 pipe.
Notes for Hardness Test:
- P11 shall not have a hardness not exceeding 250 HB/265 HV [25HRC].
Notes for Bend Test:
- For pipe whose diameter exceeds NPS 25 and whose diameter to wall thickness ratio is 7.0 or less shall be subjected to the bend test instead of the flattening test.
- Other pipe whose diameter equals or exceeds NPS 10 may be given the bend test in place of the flattening test subject to the approval of the purchaser.
- The bend test specimens shall be bent at room temperature through 180 without cracking on the outside of the bent portion.